Priority role - Experienced SQL Developer to effectively act as the SQL Server SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the Software Development team of a leading Fintec company. Irish subsidiary of an international Fortune 500 company which provides software & services to the leading financial investment & fund management organisations in the world.
Established and expanding software development environment, a mature Agile & Microsoft Technologies environment, looking for a strong SQL Designer / Developer to support the Software Product Development group, with the opportunity to act as the Lead SQL Design Authority.
Core aspects of the role:
* Designing and developing database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to support software development projects (many with a heavy data dependency)
* Database design / Schema design & data requirements analysis
* Operational BAU & projects engagements
* Process Automation
* Act as the SME in database technical design, query tuning and schema refinement
* ETL and Datawarehousing development
* Peer review & mentoring other team members
* Data analysis & Database optimization
* Supporting Testing efforts from a database perspective
* Assisting in planning sessions to analyze business requirements and provide design recommendations
* Working as part of an agile / Scrum team
Experience & Skills required:
* Proven experience as a Senior SQL Developer or Lead Database Developer / Designer, preferably with a background in software development, software product environments
* Expertise in SQL development & MS SQL server database design
* Experienced in the creation of complex SQL queries, stored procedures and database schema design
* Agile Methodology
* Any MS Database certifications are desirable
* Ability to work in a dynamic, Scrum team environment
* Strong Communication skills to interface with multiple teams across development, test and business
Our client provides a dynamic development environment, utilising the latest in Microsoft Technologies, promotes personal learning & development supported by professional training and career development opportunities.
Salary = €65-80K (flexible) + benefits
Please note that EU/EEA nationals or existing Irish work visa holders only need apply.
Key terms: Senior Database engineer, Senior SQL Developer, SQL Designer Developer, Database Designer, Database Developer, Microsoft Database Developer, Specialist, Engineer, SQL engineer, SQL Server Developer, Database Design Authority, Senior Database Developer, Senior SQL Engineer, .NET, SQL, SQL server, agile, C#, C Sharp, Microsoft SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL engineer, SQL server Database specialist, Oracle, RDBMS
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.