Our client is one of Ireland's leading telecommunications providers. They are are an Irish company delivering much needed broadband with speeds of up to 150Mb to homes, businesses and communities across regional and rural Ireland.
They are constantly growing and expanding to meet customer demand and as a result are expanding the systems development team to include a dedicated Software Tester.
As a team, they deliver web-based applications for all areas of the business for internal and external use. They are looking for someone with 2-4 years' experience and has worked testing internal and external business applications with substantial focus on functional testing based on analysis and understanding of the requirements and deployment environment
* Analyse and understand requirements documentation to understand test scope and estimate test effort
* Define test plans that drive a best-practice approach to software testing
* Implementation of a comprehensive system testing methodology to include functional system testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
* Development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts, based on industry best practises and experience, primarily covering Functional, UI, Workflow, Solution Integration, maintenance and Regression testing
* Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times and adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems testing and bug resolution
* Identify and implement improvements to process and standards that enhance the Test Process and improve overall Test and Quality Assurance practices
* Work with an experienced team of Developers and Business Analysts to understand business requirements
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of current Testing Standards and approaches.
* Basic knowledge of database/SQL.
* ISTQB certification or equivalent
* Experience of creating test cases.
* Experience in selenium automation testing
* Experience of using Testing Tools including: Postman, Microsoft Test Manager, Selenium automation testing etc.
* Experience in different types of testing such as: System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, Conformance Testing,
* Excellent analytical skills
* Exceptional problem-solving skills
* Communications, documentation and specifications writing skills
* Strong enthusiasm and willingness to learn
Nice to Have(s):
* Able to manage several complicated projects at the same time
* Is self-motivated, ability to work independently or as part of a team
* Can work effectively in a challenging environment
* Able to keep up to date with technical competencies and specialisations in line with industry developments
* Able to impart knowledge and skills to colleagues
Reference No.: 918634FK
Role: Software Tester
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent