Senior PHP Developer
My client is one of Ireland's fastest growing technology companies providing a highly flexible & customisable mobile data capture solution used by some of the world’s top engineering firms. Following significant growth, they are seeking Senior PHP Developer to join their expanding team
Responsibilities of the PHP Developer Role:
• Work as part of a team of highly experienced developers to develop new features based on specific product roadmap.
• Produce fully functional programs/web applications written in clean/readable PHP.
• Review customer feature requests with Project Managers and propose design solutions.
• Keep up with the latest technology developments and make recommendations on product direction, technology and features.
• Work of a variety of different advanced web projects for use with GIS mapping and scheduling solutions.
• Occasionally work with other programming languages and technologies.
• Support CTO in the following areas - running of team, weekly reports
• Follow security principles and industry best practices
Required Skills and Experience for the PHP Developer Role:
• 10+ years’ experience Solid knowledge of PHP5/7 in a commercial environment
• Technical education, preferably in Computer Science; University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
• MySQL development experience
• Excellent coding skills with a passion for clean readable code
• Experience in a Linux environment and server administration
• Must be familiar with RESTful API's and communicating with them as well as Database Interaction MySQL/ MongoDB
• Experience in testing practices
• Experience using one or more PHP frameworks (Codeigniter, Laravel & Homestead, Zend.)
Desirable Technical Skills for the PHP Developer Role:
• Experience in ExtJS
• Cloud based Knowledge (AWS)
• Experience in Git
• Experience in PHP Storm
• HTTP protocol experience
• People Management
• Experience with NoSQL databases