Java Web Developer
My Client is a prominent media and news company and has had a leading presence in the Irish market for over 150 years. They are currently seeking an ambitious and experienced Java Web Developer to join their Software Development team and assist in the stability and scalability of their platforms.
To apply for the Java Web Developer role, please send your CV to, or call Stephen Kelly.
Responsibilities of the Java Web Developer role:
• Being part of a cross-functional digital development team focused on customer experience and subscriber offer development.
• Building new features for the client
• Develop an understanding of business needs in order to deliver accurate solutions.
• Write quality unit and end to end tests and debug and optimize existing and new code
• Keeping abreast of technological developments.
• Automated System testing and continuous integration.
• Setting and maintaining high standards of development software and processes.
Required Skills and Qualifications for the Java Web Developer role:
• Code, script and automate using Java, as well as modify existing code as needed.
• Experience of automated testing (Java)
• Honours degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field.
• A passion for writing scalable, robust and maintainable software.
• Commercial programming experience
• A solid understanding of software development and in particular web development is important.
• Solid Experience with RESTful service writing frameworks.
• Good working knowledge of frontend
• Good SQL skills with clear RDBMS knowledge
• Version control experience (Mercurial, Git)
• Experience working in integrated cross discipline teams utilising an agile framework
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Experience and Skills for the Java Web Developer role:
• Experience of continuous integration (Jenkins)
• Additional programming languages (PHP, PERL, Python)
• eCommerce platform experience (Magento)
• Enterprise Middleware (RabbitMQ, etc)
• Experience with Linux based server environments
• Experience with Orchestration tools (Ansible, Puppet)
• Experience with API Gateway
#JavaWebDeveloper #Java #Developer #SOAP #JSON #XML
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 015367390)