Senior Software Engineer
To apply for the exciting Senior Software Engineer role, please send your CV to, or call John Egan.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer role
• Deliver on planned feature development and lead the team during planning events.
• Participate in software code reviews and process improvements to maintain code quality metrics.
• Mentor junior software developers on design patterns, development best practices.
• Research/Introduce new tools and processes that lead to improved quality and efficiencies.
• Provide regular update of status and activities.
• Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development.
• Integration testing and interaction with quality control and deployment teams
• Liaise with Architecture teams to evaluate and introduce new technologies into system designs
Required Experience and Qualifications for the Software Engineer role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• 5+ years professional object-oriented design and development skills.
• Solid understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP and API design for extensibility and portability.
• Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Good understanding of design concepts and development patterns.
• Ability to use version control software such as GIT and SVN.
• Experience in high scalability projects involving cloud-based infrastructure design and implementation.
• Performance tuning, optimization skills for scalable systems.
• Experience debugging distributed systems with high data loads.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Experience of data modelling, database normalization & optimization.
Desired Skills for the Software Engineer role:
• Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops.
• Working knowledge of Apache Storm, NIFI, Phoenix, Kafka and Ambari.
• Familiar with SAFE – Scaled agile Framework.
• PCI and/or FISMA (or similar) compliance standards preferred.
• Experience working with CMMI.
#Softwareengineer #.NET #SQL #Hadoop #Java #agile #MVC
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)