Cloud Infrastructure Developer
itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a multinational financial sector organisation based in South Dublin, in the hiring of a Development Specialist in Cloud technologies and associated infrastructure.
This is a senior-level role requiring a strong background in infrastructure technologies (platforms technologies from the likes of Microsoft/Windows, Linux, VMware) and experience in the development, engineering and design of public, private and hybrid Cloud platforms.
You will be joining a team of highly specialised Senior Engineers, Architects and Consultants working at the critical juncture between internal IT, global IT teams, 3rd party suppliers, vendors and external customers in a Cloud Centre of Excellence. You will be involved in the development and design of global Cloud and Infrastructure platforms, reviewing existing platforms and suggesting improvements to the business and promoting standardisation and the adoption of best practices across the cloud computing environment.
* At least 5 years at mid-senior level in an enterprise IT role focused on the development and delivery of public Cloud solutions.
* Ideally third level educated in an IT discipline, or equivalent experience, with a track record of continual training, development and certification
* Expert level knowledge of Cloud computing technologies, including Azure and AWS and associated technologies and underlying infrastructure, including network technologies, virtualisation, databases and core operating systems. You will hold certification in at least one major Cloud technology, such as AWS and Azure. Additional experience with the likes of Oracle, IBM, Salesforce and Google cloud platforms would be an advantage
* Experience with platform and solution development with strong proficiency in programming in at least one of Java, .Net, Node.js, Ruby, Groovy, PHP, Python
* Experience of automation, automation testing, CI/CD, DevOps and Agile principles and practices, as well as Version Control tools
* Strong experience utilising Cloud formation tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation and Ansible
* Good networking and security knowledge with good experience of the likes of DNS, IPSec, BGP, VPNs and Load Balancing technologies
* Good knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure and best practices
* Consultative mindset with experience communicating and delivering solutions to senior management and stakeholders
* Experienced working within a global organisation liaising with multiple enterprise vendors and 3rd parties
* Knowledge of Governance, Regulation and Compliance as applied to IT
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate at a senior level to really progress their career towards Architect and/Consultant level in Cloud Development and Infrastructure and play a pivotal role in the continued development of a Cloud Centre of Excellence in a global organisation. You will be involved in the design and delivery of business-critical platforms and solutions to a global business and work within a highly experienced and qualified team.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly ( 01 218 7721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.