Unity Game Developer-Waterford-Ireland
Our client is looking for a talented Unity Game Developers to join their team to work on a variety of cross-platform virtual reality / augmented reality projects and see them from concept to delivery and beyond.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Design and implement features that focus on user interactions using Unity as a primary development tool
* Develop scalable and robust modules to integrate into our existing applications
* Participate and contribute in architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
* Translate concepts into wireframes that lead to intuitive user interfaces
* Use research-related services, theories, and methods to support best-practice recommendations
* Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
* Able to work and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment where goals and requirements may constantly be changing
* Committed to learning and sharing with the team to help achieve overall goals. Must work well in groups
* 5+ years industry experience working with Unity and/or other game frameworks
* Working knowledge of high level programming and/or scripting languages (C#, Java, Objective C, etc.)
* Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
* Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
* Strong preference towards people who have shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
* Strong programming skills in at least one object-oriented language (e.g., Python, C/C++)
* Experience working on a physics-based game project is considered a strong asset
* 20 days holidays.
* Flights, rental deposit and first month's rent paid for people moving from outside Ireland.
* No weekend working.
* Employee medical scheme.
* Employee assistance programme.
* Training and upskilling programme.
* Employee bike to work scheme.
* Free unlimited snacks, fruit, coffee and tea in canteen.
* Short commute to work (15 minutes maximum if living in the city).
* Low cost living as typical 2-bedroom city apartment in the city costs €750 per month.
* Working with a kick ass team of experienced and awarding winning developers on showcase projects.