Work as part of highly motivated and skilled team of java developers based in the US and Ireland. We are involved in building out next generation claims platform. We are looking for a self-starter who is a Java code guru. You will be expected to jump in and start contributing from day one. There will be opportunities to work from home but also some days when you will need more cross over time with the US. You will be asked to lead development for components and do everything from design to code and test, plus provide guidelines on performance and scalability.
- Produce clean, concise code, that is unit tested and meets requirements
- Provide technical expertise for development of middleware solutions in a J2EE enterprise
- Collaborate with team members and internal stakeholders to ensure requirements meet customer needs
- Produce innovative technical solutions to meet business and product strategies.
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience developing large Java applications that are client critical.
- Commercial experience with languages other than Java, particularly SQL.
- Familiarity with high availability distributed systems, SOAP and RESTful messaging.
- Experience with Apache camel.
- Experience in Agile (Scrum) development.
- Proven experience working in a continuous integration environment
- Ability to automate unit, integration and system tests.
- Bonus points for work involving the FINEOS Claims platform, FINEOS portal or FINEOS master configuration.