Reporting into the Head of IT, you will be involved in BAU & new projects.
You will be working for the subsidiary of a large multinational financial services organisation, joining a small internal IT team with a strategy of leveraging outsourced IT services supporting a user base of 100 + employees locally + aligned to a wider global organisation.
The IT Systems Manager will not have escalated Local Admin or Domain Admin privileges.
* Support the Head of IT by providing technical guidance to business units in relation to existing operations and new projects including:
* Evaluation of solution design proposed by vendors across operations, commercial, digital and other business areas
* Represent IT Team during technical discussions with vendor
* Assist the Head of IT with the further adoption of Cloud Technology solutions across the Group
* Assist the Head of IT on core IT Infrastructure & Data Projects
* Assist with systems and operational support including:
o DNS MX Record Management
o Win 10 Rollout
o Cyber Awareness Campaign
o Provision of access controls for folder access management
o Evaluation of technical controls as implemented by partners
o Maintain business continuity services
o Serve as an escalation point for the IT Systems Administrator
* Manage all incidents and issues, drive problem management to identify and remove root cause to prevent re-occurrence.
* In conjunction with external cybersecurity vendor, continually enhance cybersecurity profile for the company
Experience & Skillset required:
* Excellent communication skills - able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
* Previous experience liaising with and managing external IT vendors at a technical level
* Strong understanding of Cloud technologies, WAN/LAN and Cybersecurity, DNS MX Record Management, Win 10 OS rollout.
* Strong, proven negotiation skills and ability to influence others particularly when working with external vendors
* Continually seeking to improve work processes in line with best practice
* Proven track record in striving for continuous improvement and driving efficiencies, whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
* Experience of working within the financial services industry - banking, insurance, investment services, or an alternative highly regulated sector (eg. Pharmaceutical)
* Working within a multinational environment is also desirable
Duration = 12 months Fixed Term Contract, extendable
Salary = €65-70K + bonus
Note: You must be an EU/EEA citizen or holder of a current Irish work visa.
This role will most likely suit someone with a strong hands-on technical background who is happy to remain primarily hands-off, with a focus on managing 3rd party vendors to whom the IT services have been outsourced to.
Alternatively, an IT Manager, IT Systems Manager or IT Service Delivery Manager who is technically strong & experienced in providing technical direction to external vendors on IT Infrastructure & cloud technology solutions.
Key terms: IT Service Delivery, IT Services Manager, IT Service Manager, IT Manager, Technical Infrastructure Manager, Windows Servers, Windows 10, Win 10, security, cybersecurity, Datacentre Manager, Datacenter, MX records, DNS, LAN, WAN, LAN/WAN, Systems Administrator, Vendor Management, Technical Support Lead, Technical Support, cloud solutions, Service Delivery Manager, IT Operations Manager, IT Infrastructure Service Manager, Team Lead, Team Leader, Supervisor
IRC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.