* Provide technical expertise to the help desk team
* Act as technical liaison between help desk and IM support groups.
* Maintain technical skill continuity and consistency of help desk staff
* Ensure continuous improvement of services provided by the help desk.
* Provide telephone support to customer end users.
* Provide Problem Management System support activities.
* Work with Application and Infrastructure Development teams to ensure a smooth transition of new hardware and S/W into support by the HD.
* Includes preparation of help desk staff to support new technology.
* Maintain skills inventory of help desk analysts and Work Request Co-ordinator's.
* Evaluate technical skills.
* Develop and maintain Training Plan.
* Liaison between help desk and other groups on technical support issues.
* Proactively work with other groups on normal process support issues.
* Reactively work with other groups to gather technical information in the case of outages, reduced services, emergencies or other exceptions from the normal process.
* Update, organize, create an easy electronic access to all help desk documentation, including manuals, scripts, processes, process flow charts, notification Escalation list, help desk weekly schedule, support documentation, etc.
* Audit/Monitor at least Help Desk analyst calls on a weekly basis through Call Recording tools, Live Barging, and Incident logging tool.
* Deliver technical feedback to the analysts on these monitors. Maintain an analyst-wise tracker for the call monitoring carried out.
* Develop processes to streamline the daily functioning of the help desk including.
* Work distribution.
* Monitoring phone queue and email box.
* Vendor management and follow-up.
* User follow-up.
* Closing tickets.
* Maintaining Front End message.
* Work closely with help desk manager to implement technical action items related to the help desk.
* Assist help desk manager in analysing help desk group and individual statistics.
* Ensure implementation of BOP (Best Operating Practices) in the help desk.
* Establish communication link with other zones relative to technical and support environment.
* Should keep knowledge updated by going through documentation periodically and also update the documentation whenever there is a new process or change in process.
* Manage small help desk related projects.
* Backup help desk Manager when help desk Manager is out.
* Documentation of help desk processes.
* Provide hardware, software, network problem diagnosis and resolution via the telephone for customer end users.
* Route problems to internal IM support staff.
* Coordinate and manage relationships with vendors and support staff who provide hardware, software, network problem resolution.
* Administer and provide User Access and Exit controls.
* Use the Call Tracking System to document and manage problems and work requests and their respective resolutions and circumvention.
* Problem Management System support activities: admin, technical updates, troubleshooting, vendor relationship management
* Phone support experience necessary.
* Technical helpdesk or technical call centre experience is necessary.
* Disciplined, systematic problem solving skills required.
* Hands-on work experience with the following:
* Windows Operating systems
* Clients: Windows7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000
* Servers: Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 2008,
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange 2003/2007
* ITSM ticketing tools such as Remedy, HP Service Center, Peregrine Service Center
* User account creation for Active Directory, Exchange Mailboxes, Distribution lists
* Remote desktop connectivity applications like SMS, Bomgar, WebEx, Live Meeting, and Windows Native tools
* MS Office Suite (XP, 2003, 2007): MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Outlook, MS Project, and MS Visio
* Internet browsers (eg Explorer, Chrome, Firefox),
* VPN and remote dial-in users
* Support for laptop, desktops, and printers
* PDA and blackberry support
* Others: Adobe Acrobat and other common desktop applications like Winzip, etc
* Ability to learn new information quickly
* Ability to integrate as a cross-functional, team player
* Personal dedication to providing high quality, superior service
* Ability to work flexible hours when necessary to cover for other help desk analysts and to be on call via pager during the week
* Ability to work flexible hours from time to time to cover for other help desk staff and to be on call via pager during the week.
* Customer Focus
* Technical Expertise
* Interpersonal Effectiveness
* Concern for Order and Quality
* Total: 1-3 years' experience in Help Desk, Information Management, or Customer Service delivery field
* Preferred MCP/MSCE/MSCA or HDI CSS
* ITIL knowledge of V2 or V3 especially on Service Desk, Incident, Problem, and Change Management preferred.