Firmware Architect/Team Leader
One of the largest independent manufacturers of building control systems in Europe is looking for a Firmware Architect to lead the Firmware team.
As Firmware Architect/Team Leader, you will be the leader of the Firmware team who develop leading edge Embedded firmware for Microprocessor based products for Building Management Systems.
* Evaluating approaches and feasibility of concepts regarding FW for product roadmaps as defined by product management
* Create detailed Firmware requirements and deliverables documentation
* Understanding of network security and firmware required to support on all product ranges
* Planning firmware product delivery using internal and external development resources
* Assisting with product certification including BACnet
* Project managing firmware projects from requirements to delivery dates and coordinating with hardware and windows software team leaders to ensure product delivery dates are met
* Coaching, line and project management of the internal FW development team in Dublin and the US.
* FW support for automated FW testing
* Developing and supporting production tester software and firmware
* Ensure firmware code is code reviewed
* Ensure good design of firmware is performed and documented.
* Ensure consistent coding practices are implemented, documented, and executed.
* Supporting the technical support group (TSG) in resolving customer issues as necessary.
* Debugging intractable FW defects and issues.
* Monitoring and analysing competitor products and technologies relevant to the companies' product lines to gain knowledge to create superior products
* Degree or Postgraduate qualification in Electronics Engineering.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in an FW/Embedded SW design/development environment.
* Excellent understanding and experience of Embedded FW from Microprocessor HW level to Linux to IP Networking and USB standards.
* Excellent understanding and experience with FW for 32bit Embedded ARM microprocessors up to 1GHz and Ethernet, WiFi, and USB networking interfaces.
* Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills as well as meticulous attention to detail.
* Commitment to a culture of success and teamwork.
* Commitment to continuous improvement.
* Commitment to formal requirements, design and testing development approach for all FW projects.
* Knowledge of Embedded FW, C/C++, Linux.
* Project management skills to achieve defined releases dates.
* Proficient user of standard office tools - Word, Project and Excel.
* Experience in an Embedded electronics manufacturing environment.
Nice to Have(s):
* Security standards and implementation including networking and authentication.
* Knowledge of the complete BACnet standard.
* Windows development (C#, .NET, MFC) a plus.
* Experience with Unicode and multi-byte character sets.
Reference No.: 918372FK
Role: Firmware Architect/Team Leader
Location: Co. Dublin