Database Administrator/ Developer
Location: Dublin West (may also consider Cork)
Job Type: Direct permenent position onsite with our enterprise client
Key Skills: Microsoft SQL, Database Administration, DBA, Database Development, HA, DR, Performance Tuning, PERL\POWERSHELL, SSIS, Integrated Web Applications (IWA), JAMS Job Scheduler, PL-SQL, T-SQL
* 3rd level or equivalent qualification in a relevent field of Computer Science.
* Database Administration Experience (preferably on the MS Platform)
* Projects experience.
* Excellent SQL knowledge
* Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn.
* Excellent analytical skills and System Design experience.
Desirable Qualifications/ Experience:
* Degree in a relevant field of Computer Science
* Experience of integrating and migrating systems
* Microsoft SQL Database Maintenance and Development
* Programming Knowledge (Relational or OOP)
* SQL Server HA and DR solutions - such as Always ON Availability Groups
* Performance tuning
* Profiler tracing and analysis
* Good Scripting Knowledge eg PERL\POWERSHELL
* This is a multi-faceted role at mid-technical level, reporting to the Software Architect Manager.
* The Database Administrator/Developer (DAD) will support a large user base across multiple national sites.
* Will contribute to the maintenance and support of the Group's Integrated Web Applications (IWA) across the Group.
* Will contribute to the development of new Group IT solutions with particular focus on database definition and development and middle-tier components such as DB jobs and scripts.
* Under the direction and support of the Software Architect Manager the DAD will manage a large installation of SQL Servers and databases (300 - 400 databases) on SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2016 in both standalone and clustered configurations, including application of patches and upgrades to the database software
* Under the supervision of the Software Architect Manager the DAD will migrate databases across versions and maintaining integrity for:
* Users with existing privileges and passwords
* Database Jobs
* Changing database names as part of migration and identifying and updating internals referencing old database names
* Will utilise frameworks to achieve a standardised (re-usable) approach to all developed modules.
* Will design and maintain Enterprise Architecture solutions to facilitate standardisation, scalability, maintainability and effective integration of systems.
* Will participate in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the Group.
* Will participate as a team member on all projects that have development / Database aspects.
* JAMS job scheduler - schedule and monitor critical jobs across multiple platforms and applications
* Utilize PERFMON to analyse performance across systems and databases
* Will ensure that all intellectual property is protected and subject to configuration management.
* Will ensure that appropriate Database test and development environments are maintained.
* Will develop bespoke reporting solutions using SQL and PL-SQL
* Provide database support to all Sites.
* Minimise system failures and unplanned stoppages.
* Be responsible for individual tasks and target dates.
* Provide database administration services to both the user and IT communities within our clients Group
* Provide database performance analysis services to the IT community, including SQL query analysis, optimization, and tuning as well as general database analysis and tuning
* Provide capacity planning, backup and recovery, and database security services to the IT community
* Develop complex SQL queries and T-SQL code, including stored procedures, triggers, views, and UDFs
* Write PERL\POWERSHELL scripts for ad hoc data import\export\manipulation
* Carry out regular health checks and monitoring of the database infrastructure.
* The DAD will be involved the selection, procurement and installation of new database systems.
* On rare occasion the DAD will work on-site in the various locations in Ireland.
* Take personal responsibility for the effective and speedy resolution of issues assigned to him/her through the IT helpdesk system.
* Will assist in the resolution of emergency issues that occur outside of normal working hours if required. Time in lieu will be granted.
* Will participate in scheduled system maintenance outside of normal working hours. Time in lieu will be granted.
* Will be required to participate in the on-call schedule as second-level support for out of hours (emergencies only) and other essential work for which Time in Lieu will be granted.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.