Senior DevOps Contractor
My Client is a globally recognised financial organization that provides financial services and products to consumers, corporations and many other institutions internationally. They are currently seeking a Senior DevOps Contractor with strong Kafka experience to facilitate the production of an in-house financial management support system.
The successful candidate will work closely with support and development teams to deliver solutions through new and existing channels and will take significant responsibility for bringing original and existing applications to production.
To apply for the Senior DevOps Contractor role, please send your CV to (see below), or call us on (see below).
Responsibilities of the Senior DevOps Contractor role:
* Maintaining a series of NodeJS clusters on both physical boxes and containers, ensuring that we monitor and meet all SLAs around performance, resiliency and scalability
* Automating deployment processes and routine support tasks
* Providing alerting, technical documentation and operational support to allow us to identify and resolve incidents with the health of the cluster as quickly as possible
* Developing load and performance test plans and scripts in co-ordination with development teams
* Building a close relationship with clients and stakeholders to understand the use case for the platform, and prioritise work accordingly
* Working well in a multidisciplinary DevOps-focused team, building a close relationship with developers, and L1 Support teams.
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior DevOps Contractor role:
* You have experience supporting and working with messaging or streaming technologies in production, which would ideally be Apache Kafka
* You have experience creating, deploying and supporting Docker images
* You have experience deploying and managing fault-tolerant, distributed systems on Linux/Unix, and have strong Bash/Shell experience
* You have experience setting up and deriving insights from monitoring tools
* You have high development standards, especially for code quality, code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment
* You have proven capability to interact with clients and deliver results, taking ideas to production
* You have experience working in fast paced development environments
* You agree that verbal and written communication skills are vital