AWS Build Engineer
My Client is a Global Leader working in an enterprise level environment offering exciting products to businesses. Their solutions enable businesses to meet the challenges associated with improving the productivity of mobile workforces in real-time. They are currently seeking an AWS Build Engineer to join their application development team.
To apply for the AWS Build Engineer, please send your CV to Ryan.Wannenburg(a)solasit.ie, or call Ryan on 012449531.
Responsibilities of the AWS Build Engineer role:
• Working closely with cross-functional teams of Software Engineers, QA Automation, Operations and business stakeholders to ensure smooth deployments of software updates.
• Pro-actively work with the teams to improve the process of building and deploying solutions across all test and production environments, with a focus on applications and infrastructure hosted in AWS.
• Develop and maintain reusable automation scripts and components with variety of build and deployment automation tools, including but not limited to: git implementations (e.g. Bitbucket), build runners (e.g. Bamboo or Jenkins), deployment automation (e.g. Octopus) and AWS IaC (infrastructure as a code) scripts.
• Maintain the systems supporting the SDLM Stack
Required Experience and Skills for the AWS Build Engineer role:
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
• Experience as a Build/Release Engineer in an Agile development environment.
• Experience of deploying applications and databases in AWS specifically Docker and .NET Core deployments.
• Experience of leveraging AWS services and automating via cloudformation.
• Scripting and automation experience, especially PowerShell and Bash.
• Deployments of Microservices in projects using Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Messaging Architecture.
• Experience on CI/CD and Blue/Green deployments.
• Experience with any of the following build and deployment automation platforms: Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Web Deploy (MSDeploy), TFS, AWS CodeDeploy, GoCD.
• Experience using Git, Gitflow (branching model).
• Experience of deploying .NET Framework applications and components (WCF, ASP.NET, Windows services etc.)
Desired Experience and Skills for the AWS Build Engineer role:
• A degree in computer science or related discipline
• Successful experience with large enterprise scale solutions.
• Working experience or good understanding of .Net Framework and C#.
• Development and/or DBA experience with MS SQL Server.
• Cloud-based certifications will be of benefit
#AWS #AWSBuildEngineer #BuildEngineer #Cloud #SoftwareEngineer
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)