itContracting are currently seeking applicants for an AWS Big Data Consultant. This is an 8-month daily-rate contract position based with our client in Waterford.
The AWS Big Data Consultant will be responsible for the modernization of our client's enterprise data solutions on AWS cloud integrating native AWS services and 3rd party data technologies.
The successful candidate will be required to have a solid experience and understanding of considerations for large scale delivery, suctioning and operationalization of data lakes, Data warehouses, Data Services and analytics platforms on AWS.
The successful candidate will also have a broad set of technology skills across these areas and can demonstrate an ability to implement the right solutions with appropriate combination of AWS and 3rd party technologies for deploying on AWS cloud. AWS skills with strong Hadoop and Data warehousing skills are required to enable our client to move to cloud efficiently.
* As a AWS Big Data Consultant, work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data/analytics technologies on premise and cloud
* Create detailed target state technical, security, data and operational architecture and design blueprints incorporating modern data technologies and cloud data services demonstrating modernization value proposition
* Build, test and deploy solutions using cloud data services
* Provide business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications
* Participate in business and IT project estimation activities. Provide technical leadership for small to medium-scale projects. Utilize business knowledge to collaborate and offer technical solutions
* 3-4 years of building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions, Data Lakes and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with 3rd parties
* EC2, EMR, S3, Kinesis, Dynamo DB, RedShift, RDS, Lambda, Glue, Spark, Snowflake etc.
* 3rd party KMS, HSM with AWS data services for building secure data solutions
* Hadoop stack (HDFS, PIG, Hive, Spark, Ambari, SQOOP, Map reduce, Tez, Ranger etc.)
* Experience in Data Lake management tools Like Podium Data, Diyotta, Informatica BDE etc. is a plus
* Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience analysing, re-architecting and re-platforming on premise Data Lake to data platforms on AWS cloud using AWS/3rd party services
* Minimum 3 years of designing and building production data pipelines from ingestion to consumption within a hybrid big data architecture, using Podium, Java, Python, Scala, C++ etc.
* 3-4 years of demonstrated knowledge and application of ETL Data Warehousing best practices
* 3-4 years of experience with SQL against relational databases preferably with SQL Server, Oracle database platforms 10g and above on Linux/Unix
* 1-2 year's exposure to Logi, SAS, Tableau, R or other dash boarding reporting experience is a plus
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical field
* AWS/Hadoop Certifications of any of the technical skills are preferred
* Under minimal supervision, effectively analyse and resolve medium to moderately large risk production problems related to assigned applications, assess alternatives and implement long-term solutions
* Successful performance includes demonstrated ownership and timely responses to production problems and business unit inquiries.
* Ability to communicate effectively with business partners
* Ability to provide fundamental technical and business analysis on projects
* Strong technical knowledge, leadership, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments
* Knowledge of relevant technology and tools is critical, including development methodologies and programming/scripting languages
* Ability to accurately estimate project development activities
* Experience with design, development, and implementation of new computing architectures
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.