My client is a cutting-edge IT services and solutions provider to the telecommunications industry in the West of Ireland. They are operating in a technically challenging and strong growth area focusing on Next Generation Network Management solutions for their clients.
On a day to day basis you will be developing, mentoring and managing Engineering Scrum Teams in an innovative Telecom project. You will be working with the latest technologies in the market including Enterprise Java, EJB, Big Data, Analytics etc.
It is expected that you bring your own experience and ideas to the development and you will responsible for developing a standard of high-quality java code in an agile environment including performing a Scrum Master role.
Required Skills and Experience for the Java Developer Role:
• A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
• Very strong knowledge of Java and Web Services including REST
• Object oriented analysis, design experience
• Excellent English and Communication skills essential
• Interface with customers and stakeholders and mitigate risks
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and mentor scrum teams
Required Experience for the Java Developer Role:
• 4+ years’ experience with Java/J2EE Development
• Experience working with Junit, JMeter, Maven, ANT, GIT, SVN, BitBucket, Jenkins etc.
• Experience working in an Agile environment with Engineering scrum teams is an added advantage
• Experience (certification) as a Scrum Master is an added advantage
• ExtJS is a big advantage but not essential