The Project Manager is within the Funds industry, directs and manages the full project life cycle, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for the delivery of the defined work packages to the client and providing effective management to teams and giving guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for the project and the team in planning, budget, oversight and documentation of all aspects of the project, whilst meeting on-time and on-budget project goals.
- Develops strategies and directs teams ensuring that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Proactively aims to achieve personal and team utilisation targets.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium scale projects with diverse scope. Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
- Scope of responsibility includes any and all phases of the project life cycle as well as project team management and possible budget administration.
- Tracks resources and assures deliverables are met, negotiates effectively for key resources, and screens and selects team members.
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements seeking to fully address client needs, identifying, evaluating and recommending options, plus the establishment of a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Demonstrates use of a structured iterative methodologies, manages scope changes and communicates the impacts, and secures approval when needed.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained, ensuring regular and accurate communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use.
- Develops project plans using standard project management tools, e.g. MS Project or Project Workbench.
- Uses metrics and project plans to assess the success of the project and makes necessary changes. Reports project progress to project sponsors and management.
- Analyses relationships between apparently independent problems and issues. Probes and initiates research to identify critical problems. Reviews and cross-reviews reports. Identifies trends and translates analytical reports into management presentations, and provides guidance to resolve issues.
- Leads knowledge transfer and project post-mortem for lessons learned and improving best practices.
- Identifies, quantifies and manages issues impacting delivery of projects. Establishes clear goals and priorities needed to assess performance.
- Meets on-time and on-budget project goals and participates in the identification of and planning for future resource needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Additional course or certification in Business Consulting
- Certified functional consultant in any one specific domain
- Experience and knowledge of the funds industry
- Excellent client-facing skills
- People management skills - introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other, encouraging mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions
- Team work and emotional intelligence
- Good self-management – continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set
- Has an innovative approach – a bold thinker and doer, matching creativity with vigilance
- High value on openness and transparency
Desired Skills & Experience
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in project management methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge. Has practical experience of and is proficient with project management tools and frameworks required to deliver.
- Strong understanding of the project management lifecycle and experience with all stages of the product development lifecycle (concept to launch).
- Proven ability in assuring project meets quality standards by providing guidance and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Experience in applying problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to enable others and solving technical queries from junior colleagues.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Is skilled at co-ordinating the information gathering and reporting process, reviewing trends and comparing to expectations.
- Knowledge of client/server architecture, object oriented design/development and package implementation.
- Experience and track record of successful project delivery utilising multiple project management methodologies/framework, tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience using project management tools, tracking plans and actual statistics from inception through to implementation.
- Good people skills, with experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
- Good self-management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
We are currently only considering candidates who are eligible to work in Ireland for this position.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”