Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins is setting up a new Software Engineering Operation here in Dublin, with the plan to grow the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are focused on building great IT products for our customers and would like the IT Product Director to be an integral part of this development. As the IT Product Director, you will have the full technical responsibility for an IT product. You will be responsible for leading teams as well as developing, maintaining and operating our IT product.
Our users are mainly external Eurofins' customers that order our services via B2B e-commerce shops or through Eurofins' employees working in our laboratories around the world, testing for life. You will strive for the best solution using modern information technology (cloud, Devops, CI/CD, …) to ensure 7x24x365 up-time for high customer satisfaction.
You will have a solid reporting line to the IT Director and a dotted line report to the (Business) Product Director. You will be in charge of managing all aspects of related IT products to ensure its proper design, build, implementation and operation across Eurofins and its affiliates. You will also handle the most critical applications and systems for Eurofins. You must be customer-centric and be able to use IT to build and operate a great product to achieve highest customer satisfaction.
- Be accountable for the IT Product development & operations including its governance (organization, processes, and tools) and contribute to the Product Steering committee at group/board level.
- Lead agile IT product development & operation within an organizational DevOps setup.
- Manage a well-balanced roll-out plan where resources and demand from business are in equilibrium.
- Coordinate all teams contributing to the IT product in order to ensure efficient collaboration and optimum alignment with business priorities:
o System/Software/Functional Architects,
o Engineers for software development, quality assurance, operations, automation, software reliability
o Needed support out of the product organization and manage interface to service organization
- Provide leadership and vision, play the role of facilitators and coaches who can inspire and guide project teams
- Ensure that the IT infrastructure and software platforms are stable, reliable, and performing sufficiently for future scalability
- Conduct continuous training and coaching for local champions
- Contribute to the recruitment, promotion and development of talented IT leaders
- Be the advisor & sparring partner for your (Business) Product Director to find the best and most efficient solution for customer benefit using IT
- Masters or PhD qualification. MBA would be desired
- Experience in IT Development and/or IT Infrastructure and/or Operation and/or IT Quality is necessary.
- ITIL expertise is an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- 15 plus professional work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic leadership role
- Extensive project management skills required.
- Have deep knowledge of agile product development methods including Scrum/Kanban, LEAN methods
- Experience and commitment to “live” in a DevOps environment
- Understanding of different methods to scale agile development, like SAFe, Scrum@Scale, Nexus, LeSS, Spotify-Model etc.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment and the need for a high degree of automation
- Background in a comparable (perhaps more junior) IT role in industries such as retail, pharmaceutical, healthcare, logistics, manufacturing or other service industries are a plus.
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.