Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins is setting up a new Software Engineering Operation here in Dublin, with the plan to grow the team to over 150 people within the next two years.
We are looking to bring great engineers, business analysts and technologists into the business to build and grow an organization with a start-up spirit, to implement world-class software solutions and the strongest IT foundation possible - Made in Ireland - for a business with an enormous global footprint.
As the Business Product Manager, you will be responsible for the product lifecycle of Eurofins’s next-generation laboratory information management system. You will also drive new product development thereby delivering value to the business.
Your Main Responsibilities will include:
- Developing the product’s project framework
- Developing key group documents relating to the next-generation laboratory information management system
- Managing the product portfolio in relation to product functionality, business process ownership and the definition of best practice processes.
- Understanding the business process and gather requirements relating to the same
- Defining the product development roadmap and ensure resources are in line with the business requirements
- Liaising with key stakeholders on product functionality
- Interacting with Program and Corporate Architects to ensure the product seamlessly integrates with other applications
- Managing the development team alongside the Technical Project Manager
- An Engineering Degree or equivalent in IT. A Software Development curriculum is strongly appreciated.
- 5 plus years’ experience in Project Management is required
- 2 or more years’ experience leading a software engineering team, working as a Business Analyst or in Systems Integration
- Extensive experience with Business Process design and documentation
- Hands-on work experience with at least one project management methodology
- Hands-on work experience with user requirement elicitation and scope management
- UML knowledge required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in an international environment
- Adept with using a wide range of communication tools
- A background in object-oriented design, programming and in industrial settings e.g a laboratory is a distinct advantage
- Fluency in German or French also an added advantage
- Role will involve up to 30% travel
Eurofins operates a Preferred Supplier List for all permanent, contract and temporary recruitment. We therefore ask that agencies refrain from making contact with any Eurofins colleagues and that no CVs are submitted directly to colleagues in our company. Any speculative CVs or communications may reflect unfavourably on any potential opportunities for your agency.