Graduate Data Developer- Kerry
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our client's Data team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in the area of Data Management, working with the very latest versions of IBM's InfoSphere Products and other industry leading software applications.
We are interested in talking to candidates at all levels of experience. Training will be provided for suitable candidates who have the right attitude and transferrable technical skills.
* On a daily basis, supporting the operational running of all in-production Data Quality rules.
* Monitoring and maintaining all Data Quality incidents logged by the Data Quality Incident Management (DQIM) system and managing the incidents to resolution including escalation and investigation with business / IT partners.
* Raising data quality and performance levels across all of SMBC data platforms - by performing Data Analysis / Data Profiling / Data Quality Development
We look for
* Smart, driven and fast learners
* Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving
* Organised and methodical approach under pressure
* Bachelors or higher degree in finance, accounting, ICT or science - equivalent data quality work experience also acceptable.
* Knowledge of, and a willingness and ability to adapt to new data management technologies.
* A very strong understanding of relational (and ideally dimensional) database concepts and an ability to query databases using SQL to troubleshoot issues.
* Resilient under pressure, able to adapt quickly to unforeseen work demands and an ability to work to tight time scales.
* Good prioritization and time management.
* A positive approach to work and to fellow team members.
* Good communication skills in English, including report writing are required.
* An analytical mindset.
Preferred Previous Work Experience:
* Experience of Data Analysis / Data Profiling / Data Quality Development particularly familiarity with IBM InfoSphere suite (Quality Stage, Information Analyzer, Data Stage)
* 2 - 5 Years in financial services industry with a data quality focus
* Experience in data quality with respect to regulatory or financial reporting
* Strong plus - broad understanding of Enhanced Prudential Standards (EPS), Dodd Frank Section 165, Bank Holding Company
* Data Quality certifications
* Ability to identify and map source and target data fields
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other coop experience etc. We will also consider experienced candidates for these roles, however a long term link to Kerry is essential.