To support the business in coding, maintaining and efficient running of IBM System i /AS400 Platform, in line with management priorities and objectives. Work with stake-holders and end-users in supporting existing systems and developing new applications.
• Support and maintenance of existing software.
• New application development.
• Database Administration.
• Ensure data integrity and efficient data uploads / downloads.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of new and/or existing system. documentation, testing and implementation.
• Preparation of operating procedures and instructions.
• Assist in the support of IT Team and end-users.
• Enhance information systems by identifying technology opportunities.
Role Essential Skills:
· Experience in developing / maintaining RPG applications.
· Experience with SQL ideally using IBM DB/2.
· Familiar with ODBC / JDBC connections including integration with Microsoft Excel.
· Familiar with IBM System i /AS400 CL Programming and Operations.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
• Motor Industry Experience.
• Experience with IBM System i/AS400 development using ILE languages and SQL.
• Experience with cross platform development.
• Knowledge of EDI processes including standards, document types and communication methods.
• Experience with Windows and web-based client/server applications, such as Java, SQL, VBA, MS Office.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.