Institution in the Banking sector.
* Define, document and maintain procedures, and knowledge base to support the platforms to ensure consistent service levels are achieved across the global support team.
* Develop expertise in the applications for multiple modules while taking ownership of the availability and quality of service by providing training to staff and businesses on application operation and maintaining efficient operation.
* Manage the incident process to ensure issues/tickets are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow ups are done in a timely manner.
* Take ownership of issue reported by the customer and ensure that it is resolved quickly effectively or escalated to the next level with relevant data as needed in a timely manner.
* Co-coordinating in application releases, attending meetings with the application dev and business users to help them understand regarding the production process (incident, change, and problem management).
* Identified manual processing deficiencies, and instituted automation techniques which reduced manual efforts and increased work flow efficiency.
* Collaborated with developers to design and implement scheduling solutions to achieve optimal results for our client base; strong communication and organizational skills.
* Created Service Requests (SR) for issues that require coding changes. Collaborated and interacted with technical leads and resources from various components to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* The core role was to keep the applications up 24/7 and to be in touch with administrators and users to help them and to resolve server and application related issues.
* Understanding and Troubleshooting complex customer issues on production environment. Responsible for identifying any bugs occurring in the applications as well as fixing them.
* Critical Situation Analyst: Defused hot situations and got quick technical resolution, skills in Customer Management. Identify the issue and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate team responsible for the components affected
* Identify and respond to events that impact production and aid in resolving those issues; including technical resolution and management communication.
* Participate in disaster recovery planning and monitoring by testing applications on multiple servers to ensure the servers can handle the applications and the applications are mirrored on each server.
* Perform data mining activities utilizing proprietary software and application tools to audit users accounts for unauthorized activities and compliance issues using unix and sql.
* Substantially decreased off-hour support calls by working with support personnel learning procedures to proactively resolve a number of common failures
* Be able to work well under pressure, adapt quickly to changing priorities and maintain focus on key tasks during busy periods.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology related field or equivalent experience
* 7 year's experience in a technical environment
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Strong Problem Solving skills
* 5+ years' experience in Databases / SQL
* Strong MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Visio and SharePoint (for creation of libraries, lists and pages) skills
* 5+ years' experience in Unix platform
* 5+ years' experience in writing Unix Shell Scripting
* 5+ Years' Core Java experience
* Proficiency in dealing with complex technical issues in an application support role (NOT desktop) support.
* Strong Problem Solving skills.
* Knowledge of Whole sale Risk reporting and data analytical skills is a plus.
* Experience in a reporting tool is a plus(Preferably Cognos and Micro Strategy).