The employer is a leading global bank.
Effectively manage infrastructure projects for low latency/high touch trading application requirements [network/ firewall / storage/ IO /redundancy and compliance].
Coordinate build activities around Networking and Appliances (HP/Dell Multicast/ 29 west).
Display strong working relationship with technology teams project management teams and architects/engineers and infrastructure administrators.
Experience in managing infrastructure build for business critical applications.
Champions infrastructure transformations such as non-strategic migrations and Cloud adoption
Engage with Vendors and various internal stakeholders to review business requirements and provide enterprise solutions.
Perform due diligence of infrastructure requirements and provide architecture/ technology solutions that are strategic and futuristic.
Implement industry best practices and always use production stability and availability as guideline while offering solutions.
Effectively manage day-to-day tasks / activities in coordination with a team of dev leads to meet the deliverables and schedule of a data solution component within a larger application project.
Lend support to various application teams by organizing infrastructure related scope of work and planning to meet tight deadlines.
Support development community. This includes documenting systems database and middleware design as well as infrastructure requests contributing to the delivery and Go Live of application components.
Partner with other infra leads across business departments and the wider bank technology groups to drive quality across the application on boarding and production stability initiatives.
* Extensive years of overall experience in Infrastructure management
* Strong background in the financial services and banking industry
* Very good experience in Capital Markets Technology Equities Securities Services
* Subject Matter Expertise in infrastructure/ Hardware/ Software/ Database/ Middle ware stack
* Strong knowledge of infrastructure project management including vendor upgrades
* Experience managing infrastructure life cycle including upgrades and migrations
* Experience in writing range of technology physical and logical requirements and Tech stack Functional Requirements Document Build document Dependencies mapping etc.
* Experience in driving business results through effective use of technology solutions
* Exposure to front/middle/back office application stack
* Expert level skills in SQL Windows Linux Oracle TIBCO Weblogic/Websphere
* Exposure to Cloud based technologies Micro services Open Shift AWS Google etc
* Experience in managing Infrastructure projects by defining scope dependencies and priorities
* Knowledge of industry standard tools and technologies.
* Effective communication skills
* Strong relationship builder works as a partner with multiple stakeholders and business areas
* A self-starter who can deliver well as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure during tight deadlines
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills