Our client is one of the largest independent manufacturers of building control systems in Europe and is a pioneer and a recognized international leader in the development of Smart Building Energy Management Systems for building optimization for over 30 years.
They are currently looking for a Test Engineer to join the team.
* Champion quality within the Test team.
* Review Requirements, Create Test Plans and Test Scripts from Requirements
* Be fully engaged with development from concept & design through to delivery.
* Learn and Understand Products
* Test Execution during Release Cycles
* Perform Functional, Integration, System, Soak and Stress Testing
* Bug logging and tracking
* Create Test Sign-off Reports on completion of Test Cycle
* Help identify Test Gaps
* Develop and maintain automated and manual test scripts for SW/FW.
* Create, execute and continually improve these test scripts.
* Champion the use of test-driven techniques within the team.
* Define and produce quality metrics for all developments showing, for example, the number of test iterations required, number of bugs found etc.
* Work towards Company goal of Zero Defects
* 3+ Years' experience in Software Testing
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
* Understanding of Test Processes
* Ability to investigate, debug, and triage difficult problems.
* Creation of comprehensive bug reports, record test results and fixes.
* Ability to provide test estimate
* Understand requirements to be tested
* Complete tasks assigned and ensure the schedule is met
* Write, review, and execute test cases and other test documents as needed
* Work closely with development to identify and resolve issues
* Support sustaining activities
* Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
* Knowledge of source control, build and configuration management techniques & tools.
* Knowledge one or more general Scripting or Programming Language e.g Python.
* Experience with Testing Anywhere, Selenium Webdriver or other automation tool
* Ability or knowledge to design, create and run automated test script
* Knowledge of wireless communications technologies.
* Knowledge of hardware.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918514FK
Role: Test Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent