itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in the hiring of a Software Engineer. This is a daily-rate contract position based with our client in Cork.
Our client's Software Development Team develops and delivers world-class software to help drive efficiencies and reduce costs during external customer engagements. Working together within a creative, cooperative, and highly skilled Software Development Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing current and existing software in line with customer specifications and requirements, working with the latest, innovative, industry-driven technology.
* Join our client's team in a hands-on role and use modern development methodologies and test-driven-development
* Collaborate to help refine business requirements
* Demonstrate a keen sense of urgency and shared ownership of products
* Work with a large variety of platforms and technologies
* 2 years of related software development work experience
* Knowledge of Agile methodologies
* Strong coding, debugging, TDD and testing skills
* Experience with developing in Java
* Strong ability to diagnose, analyse and solve problems
* Self-motivated with a willingness to adapt and learn
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to perform effectively as part of a global multi-cultural team
* B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred, but not necessary)
* Comfortable with configuration management tools, such as SVN, GIT, Maven, Gradle, TeamCity or Jenkins
* Experience with developing in C is an advantage
* Experience with developing software for Linux and Windows
* Experience in Python is advantageous
* Willingness to assist with Lab tasks
* Keen to learn new technologies
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.