Team / Technical Lead - Software Development
Limerick, Co. Limerick
Our client is a leading consultancy providing management systems to help companies work in compliance with H&S, quality, energy and environmental requirements.
They are now looking for a Team / Technical Lead to join them in Limerick and lead their team of Software Developers.
- Excellent salary DOE
- Pension contributions (after six months)
- 20 days’ annual leave rising annually up to 25 days after five years of service
- Help a dedicated team to realise their full potential
If you’re an agile project manager with a strong software engineering background, this is a brilliant opportunity to drive the delivery of solutions that empower customers to navigate the often confusing world of compliance.
You will have the chance to influence the way the Software Development Team operates and make a positive impact on our client’s overall development practices.
As the Team / Technical Lead, you’ll lead a team of Software Developers to deliver business critical projects.
Working to an agile methodology, you will:
- Foster a positive and supportive work environment for your team
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning
- Drive and support the introduction of new agile process tools
- Provide your team with realistic deadlines
- Listen to team members’ feedback to identify any issues and swiftly resolve conflicts
- Some development/coding will be required to help meet deadlines
To be considered as a Team / Technical Lead, you will need:
- At a minimum, seven years’ experience in a software engineering environment
- At least three years’ agile project management experience, including leading a software development team that applies agile principles, practices, and theory
- A track record of recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies
- In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- A degree level qualification in a computing, engineering or related discipline
A PMI certification and/or Scrum Master certification would be beneficial to your application.
Other companies may call this role Team Lead, Technical Lead, Software Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Scrum Master, Software Development Team Lead, Software Development Team Leader, Development Project Manager, Agile Project Manager or Technical Project Manager.
Webrecruit Ireland and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Team / Technical Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.