Java Developer - Dublin
My Client is seeking a Java Developer to join a highly experienced development team with a proven track record of producing scalable, enterprise web applications. The ideal candidate will have experience in Java Enterprise tools and a proven track record of working on enterprise java applications. Candidates must have experience in full-stack development. The successful candidate will be responsible for upgrading the technologies used by the application, troubleshooting issues and minor enhancements.
Key Responsibilities of the Java Developer role:
• Updating, maintaining an existing Java applications to ensure a high-degree of availability and robustness.
• Interact and support other teams of software developers.
• Opportunities to influence the technologies and practices in use.
• Person Specification
Required Skills for the Java Developer role:
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Java 7+, Spring 3+, JSP/Servlets / Freemarker, XML\XSL.
• Experience with RESTful and SOAP web services
• Database: Oracle 11+, ORM Technologies, SQL, JDBC
• Proficient in using SQL to query relational databases
• Proven experience using J2EE application containers: Tomcat, WebSphere
• Tools – Familiar with IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ), Maven, Ant, GIT
Desirable Technical Experience for the Java Developer role:
• Angular (TypeScript)
• Experience in C# / .Net, and API design.
• Experience of JMS e.g. TIBCO
• Experience with Red Hat Linux
• Experience with AppDynamics
Preferred Experience for the Java Developer role:
• Experience in unit and integration testing is required
• Ability to understand business drivers and balance business requirements, timelines, costs and best practices.
• Good analytical skills.
• Knowledge of security best practices.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to contribute in design discussions and problem solving sessions and to take initiative.
• Experience designing/implementing enterprise applications is desirable.
• Experience in working on multiple technologies and medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards and framework.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to resolve multiple issues in a timely manner.
• Knowledgeable of technology concepts, patterns and best practices.
• Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)