1st & 2nd Line Desktop Support Specialist - Dublin - £200.00 Per day
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a global client of ours based in Dublin, currently looking to recruit a Desktop Support Specialist for a 6 month contract to provide 1st & 2nd line support, resolving tickets and assisting with a Windows 10 deployment.
Under general supervision, provide remote second-tier Information Technology (IT) support to end-users, to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
* Recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties and recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
* Escalate more complex problems to appropriate level of management and provide information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates
* Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems, goals and procedures
* Provide creative, effective solutions and recommend procedures and resources to enhance efficiency, productivity, and end user satisfaction
* Provide training to end-users when indicated
* Provide guidance to less experienced Service Desk staff in areas such as problem resolution, communication, etc.
* Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications
* Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services
* Perform other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Working knowledge of Microsoft server, Workstation and networking technologies
* Working knowledge of industry standards with regards to system and network administration
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; with experience of PC software (Microsoft operating systems and applications suites, email systems, etc.) within a network environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
* Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech Extensive use of keyboard involving repetitive motions with fingers
* Ability to bend, stoop, crawl and lift up to 60 pounds
* Occasional travel may be required
* May be required to perform duties outside working hours. This will be managed according to the applicable country legislation.
This really is an excellent opportunity to join a global company for a long term contract with opportunities to develop. For more information and a full job description, please contact Ben Turner at RBW Consulting.