Our client is a highly regarded Insurance and Financial Services Multinational with significant experience in the Irish Market. They now have an immediate requirement for a Web Developer with experience across the stack particularly on ASP.NET and JQuery.
The role requires the jobholder to develop, test, implement & document web applications to Group and Company standards and to the business requirements of our clients.
Key Responsibilities of role:
Reporting to the Web Development Team Manager, the successful candidate will:
* Complete all developments in the required time-scale set out by the Client
* Specify and develop innovative, quality-driven solutions to meet the business requirements for company and client projects
* Develop solutions that are secure, flexible, and have the potential for re-use with other client companies.
* In addition to Product/Feature development, provide a degree of Production Support for existing clients' systems.
* Contribute to overall team effectiveness and seek continuous improvement in both processes and solutions.
Essential Candidate Requirements
High level of experience and ability in Microsoft based web development technologies, ideally in the Financial Services industry.
A mix of VB.NET and C# development experience, in both WebForms and MVC based web applications.
4+ Years Web Development experience working across the full stack with the following technologies:
* .NET Framework 3.5 - 4.6.2
* NET WebForms development (VB.NET), IIS 6 - 7.5
* MVC 4/5 (C#) development, including GridMVC
* WCF Web Service development and configuration
* 3rd Party controls (Dev Express)
* SQL Server 2008/2014 (data design, stored proced ure development, TSQL, SSIS)
* Experience in CSS, including frameworks such as Bootstrap.
* HTML5, HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, WCAG accessibility standards
* XML, XSLT, XSD, distributed systems development.
* Project Experience of Azure DevOPS/VSTS source control, GIT source control, GITFlow and other branching and merging schemes, automated deployment & continuous integration.
PLEASE NOTE - While all the skills outlined above are important, experience across the stack on ASP.NET and JQuery is an absolute must for candidate that want to be considered for this role
In addition to the skills and experience outlined above, the ideal candidate will be down to earth and not afraid of innovation. Good leadership qualities, strong communications skills and a high level of adaptability are also essential.
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site