Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with Translink to recruit an Assistant Telecoms Maintenance Engineer to join their Infrastructure & Project Delivery team based in York Road, Belfast. With around 3,800 employees across various locations throughout the province, Translink are one of Northern Ireland's largest employers who this year will celebrate 52 years since Northern Ireland Railways, Ulsterbus and Citybus came together to form Translink.
Your new role
This is a permanent position based within the Infrastructure & Project Delivery department offices on York Road, Belfast. Reporting to the Telecoms Maintenance Manager, you will assist in the delivery of an effective telecoms strategy. This strategy will ensure a safe, reliable and cost effective system controlling signalling equipment for the safe passage of trains.
* Assist in carrying out planning of maintenance and projects to an agreed annual plan and ensure all faults are reported and recorded on the asset management system. Carry out root cause analysis on faults to enable improvements in Telecoms reliability.
* Manage NIR telecoms staff and any contractors used for assisting in maintaining, installation, faulting and testing of equipment on the NIR Rail Network.
* Carry out condition survey work and ensure drawing records are kept up to date to reflect any modifications, changes or alterations.
* Carry out regular audits of telecom installations, deliver training and give technical support to Telecoms teams when new or updated standards are introduced.
What you'll need to succeed
* A minimum of a HNC or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications with a minimum of 2 years' experience in a supervisory or management role in the maintenance of Railway Telecom Systems.
* Alternatively possess a minimum of an ONC or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications with a minimum of 4 years' experience in the maintenance of Railway Telecom Systems
* Experience of Safety, Health & Environment
* Experience of planning work schedules to ensure efficient use of resources.
* Experience in the efficient application of maintenance procedures, processes of telecom equipment
* Experience of organising, implementing and reviewing performance of staff
* Knowledge of IP Networks
* Experience of investigating failures and analysing data to initiate repairs
* A full UK Driving Licence and access to a vehicle
What you'll get in return
** Benefits for you ** * NILGOSC pension scheme * Competitive basic salary * Annual performance related bonus * No UK travel * 37 hour week * 34 days annual leave * Flexible working * Free onsite parking * Free travel throughout the Translink NI network.
What you need to do now
Please contact Jayne Dodds on to discuss this position in confidence. Alternatively, please apply using the link attached to register your interest.
Please note, an up-to-date CV and completed application form must be submitted before 12 noon on Friday 2nd August 2019 to be considered for this position.