The Linux System Administrator will be responsible for providing technical support to the Engineering organizations. This position will be required to support and improve complex Linux and high performance compute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Furthermore, this person will be collaborating globally on efforts for various IT activities.
* 4+ years of strong experience in the support of Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE), Kickstart and PXE environments
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
* Provide advanced Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) troubleshooting and technical support to the Engineering organization.
* Provide Linux application support. Work closely with Engineering on continual application, process and workflow improvement.
* Assist in day-to-day maintenance of the Engineering infrastructure, including Linux system builds, configuration & security management, patching, automation and system upgrades.
* Review and assist in support case management related to Engineering infrastructure
* Performs typical IT operational maintenance (eg, software version updates, patch management) in collaboration with senior administrators
* Captures and documents end-users requirements
* Builds/maintains and updates documents related to troubleshooting procedures for IT solutions for future reference
* Collaborates with vendors and/or systems engineers to actively troubleshoot and resolve common or standard issues (eg, those related to hardware, operating system)