itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in the hiring of a Database Systems Administrator. This is a long-term day rate contract based with our client in Dublin.
The Database Systems Administrator will be required to produce databases and associated functionality in Oracle 12c or higher databases for the systems being developed by our client's newly formed Software Development Team, ensuring these meet with project requirements and goals and adhere to the required standards and test criteria set out for the project architecture.
* Designing and maintenance of databases, analytical base tables (ABT), views, code from user requests. Ensure database stability, reliability, and performance
* Writing and optimising complex PL/SQL for Oracle 12c or higher databases in adherence to organisational and Oracle standards
* Managing project source code, version control, technical documentation and instructions
* Troubleshooting and resolving complex database and issues problems
* Using and linking diverse data sets to discover new insights for management reports
* Connecting different types of data sets in different forms as well as being able to work with potentially incomplete data sources and cleaning data sets to be able to use them
* A minimum of 4 years' overall career experience
* Designing and building Oracle database schemas and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance
* Developing and optimising in-application PL/SQL statements
* Administration and troubleshooting of issues on Oracle relational databases
* Oracle PL/SQL coding including but not limited to;
* Oracle Built-in Packages/ Bulk Collect/Insert/Array Processing/ Ref Cursors
* Dynamic SQL -literal and bind variables
* Application Tuning
* Creation of scripts to generate views, procedures, functions, triggers, indexes, constraints and packages
* Data Definition and Transaction
* Transaction Control Language, SQL tuning and Oracle query optimisation using cost-based optimiser and other query optimisation tools
* Data analytics using programming languages (R/SQL/python) to review large datasets, search and identify patterns to develop new insights
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Paul Evans ( +353 1 2187769 or paul dot evans at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.