Audio Platform Lead, Galway
FRS Recruitment are actively sourcing and screening for a Platform Lead . This role is based in Galway.
Overview & brief responsibilities:
* The Lead will be responsible for building and managing a new team of audio engineers with an emphasis on Windows and Android platforms
* Works with engineers from their own team and outside, to design, architect and document platform-level audio solutions that will present consistent features across multiple platforms for a given product.
* Ensures technical consistency of products through design reviews, code reviews, documentation reviews, and end-to-end testing including ownership of automated tests.
Education and/or Experience:
* Master's degree in computer science or engineering preferred. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience is required.
* 10 or more years of software development in a related role.
* Multiple relevant commercially release projects.
* Demonstrable experience of contributing to and leading technology teams.
* Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and develop collaborative working relationships across multiple business units.
* Strong communication skills to champion and evangelize technology solutions to both technical and non-technical communities.
* Expert level knowledge of C/C++ is required.
* Strong understanding of audio signal processing and architecture.
* Proficient knowledge of at least one other programming language such as Objective-C, Java, Python, or other mobile and web based technologies is desired.
* Strong platform-specific knowledge on at least one leading operating system.
* Working knowledge of other common operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
* Experience working in agile environments.
* Experience working with continuous integration systems.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
* Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment.
The successful candidate has strong communication skills, expert-level technical skills, expert-level C/C++ skills, and experience working within agile development environments. They will have an enthusiastic approach to problem solving, a natural passion for collaboration, and an acute ability to adapt and learn quickly. The role is based in one of our European offices and some long-haul travel (2-4 times per year) is expected to visit other offices or customers The Platform Lead will have an excellent opportunity to advance their career with a leading multinational and choice employer in the region.
Software Lead, Audio Processing, C, C++, Objective C, Mobile, Masters, software ,Python
Please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Platform Lead role to Laura Guiney via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.