Cloud Infrastructure Specialist
itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a multinational financial sector organisation based in South Dublin, in the hiring of a Technical Specialist in Cloud technologies and associated infrastructure.
This is a mid-level role requiring a strong background in infrastructure technologies (platforms technologies from the likes of Microsoft/Windows, Linux, VMware) and exposure to engineering and design of public, private and hybrid Cloud platforms.
You will be joining a team of highly specialised Senior Engineers, Architects and Consultants working at the critical juncture between internal IT, global IT teams, 3rd party suppliers, vendors and external customers. You will be involved in technical engineering and design of global Cloud and Infrastructure platforms, reviewing existing platforms and suggesting improvements to the business and promoting standardisation and the adoption of best practices across the cloud computing environment.
* Infrastructure and Systems Engineering experience, with at least 5 years in an enterprise IT role. You should be at, or approaching, a Senior Engineering level.
* Ideally third level educated in an IT discipline, or equivalent experience, with a track record of continual training, development and certification
* Strong knowledge of Cloud computing technologies, including Azure and AWS and associated technologies and underlying infrastructure, including network technologies, virtualisation, databases and core operating systems
* Good networking and security knowledge
* Good knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure and best practices
* Exposure to design and architecture of Cloud platforms
* Consultative mindset with experience communicating and delivering solutions to senior management and stakeholders
* Experienced working within a global organisation liaising with multiple enterprise vendors and 3rd parties
* Knowledge of Governance, Regulation and Compliance as applied to IT
* Track record of certification, ideally possessing relevant qualifications from likes of Microsoft, AWS, VMware, Cisco.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate at a mid-senior Engineering level to really progress their career towards Architect and/Consultant level in Cloud and Infrastructure. You will be involved in the design and delivery of business-critical platforms and solutions to a global business and work within a highly experienced and qualified team.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role please do so via the relevant links. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Tom Leonard in itContracting directly ( 01 218 7721 or tom dot leonard at itContracting dot ie ). All correspondence is treated in the strictest of confidence.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.