The Abbey Group, established in 1978, incorporating Abbey Ireland & UK, Abbey Conference & Events and Moloney & Kelly Ireland & UK is an internationally recognised B2B specialist for group travel, flexible independent travel, incentive travel, conferences and events.
Headquartered in Dublin with offices in Edinburgh and London, the Abbey Group employs 170 permanent staff and has overseas representatives in ten key markets.
The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism:
· Group Travel
· Individual & Online Travel
· Incentive & Luxury Leisure Travel
· Association Conferences & Events
TITLE OF VACANCY: IS Data Processing Supervisor - Fixed Term Contract
To assist the team input incoming data, services and related information from internal teams, suppliers & agents and maintain the central data store of this information. Duties include but are not limited to;
- Report directly to Information Systems Operations & Project Managers
- Oversee the day-to-day data function of the entire Abbey group
- Supervise a data entry team and ensure agreed processes are followed
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the Tourplan Software used by Abbey and provide support when needed.
- Carry out training modules for staff in the correct use of Tourplan.
- Develop & manage relationships with key business users across the Abbey Organisation.
- Design and implement acceptable service levels for Information system’s services.
- Problem solving for system users.
- Assist with system projects as required
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Managers or Director
- Fluency in English – verbal & written
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to use IT effectively and willingness to explore new technology ideas for the better of the company.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office suite of programmes essential
- The ability to be methodical/orderly and accurate. Must be able to cope with work deadlines and be able to respond effectively to any new tasks
- Flexibility and adaptability in approach
- Team player able to work in a busy environment
- 3rd level or relevant experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office-Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point
- Experience with databases an advantage but not essential. Full training in place to introduce all company systems and procedures to the successful applicant
- Familiarity with tour operating software an advantage
REPORTING TO: Information Systems Operation Manager & Information Systems Projects Manager
LOCATION: City Gate, 22 Bridge Street Lower, Dublin 8
SALARY: Negotiable depending on experience