The company connects brands and retailers to consumers, so that every shopping experience feels personal.
Designing and delivering solutions to scale and innovate on the World's largest Network of Brands and Retailers. From enhancing product matching algorithms to improving tools that connect Consumer Generated Content between brands and retailers, your work will have a direct impact on making BV systems smarter. Senior Software Engineers at the company help drive software initiatives from conception to delivery, while driving engineering best practices and helping mentor more junior team members.
* 4+ years of experience building software in a professional environment
* Possess strong software development knowledge in different programming/scripting languages such as Java, C++, Python, or similar language
* Work well in a team environment and are able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
* Experienced in building high-performance, scalable algorithms
* Sound understanding of Agile / Lean software development methodologies
* Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or other similar cloud platforms
* Self-starter, willing to dig in to tough problems, willing to explore new areas, learn quickly, and apply your skills to challenging design issues
* Have the right to work in the United Kingdom
* Desirable criteria:
* Experience using modern build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Github, etc.
* Experience in designing, implementing, and architecting Restful API's
* Familiarity with big data processing architectures for highly-available TB+ size data sets
* Bring a spark, energy, passion and creativity to work every day.