Dublin based (close to Dart and transport)
* €80k - €90k base + benefits!
* On-site gym, healthcare, great training & culture
A unique opportunity to work with a leading global insurance company has become available for an experienced and passionate DBA.
Here you will join a small team to develop, implement and maintain the Enterprise database system in a combination UNIX/NT environment. Tasks will vary, but ultimately you will be responsible for ensuring stability and meeting ongoing business needs; to oversee the development of complex data models and logical database design; to develop policies, standards and procedures related to the database environment; and to lead task force to develop and implement an Enterprise database system.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Identifies researches, resolves and responds to a high volume of simple to moderately complex issues or questions received from internal and external customers.
* Develops, implements and maintains the database system ensuring that the database environment is stable and capable of meeting ongoing business needs including logical and physical database design and implementation; structure testing of database designs, applications, and technology platform; security administration, backup and recovery planning; capacity planning; performance and tuning; research and evaluation of new tools and techniques.
* Develops, revises, and implements policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to effectively administer the database environment.
* Leads task force to develop and implement an Enterprise database system.
* Oversees the development of complex data models and logical database design.
* Plans and conducts structured testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance.
* Develops and implements plans to oversee the database administration function, and ensures smooth transition to new technology.
* 8+ years of experience in database configuration, administration and support in MS SQL Server environments including experience in Database Administration of SQL Server (2005, (phone number removed) running on Windows server OS 2008 and above. (Experience with higher SQL Server versions would be a plus).
* Strong knowledge of and experience with index, and statistic, and execution plan management
* Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code for stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving all types of database issues (experience troubleshooting replication, log shipping issues would be a plus)
* Strong Knowledge of Microsoft best practices for configuring and operating SQL Server
* Strong knowledge of Backup and Recovery methods
* Experience with SQL Database Operational support of Developers and Business users
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
* Knowledge of and experience with implementing automation of reoccurring DBA tasks.
* Knowledgeable of Performance tuning at the server and SQL Server level
* Good communication and documentation skills for processes and procedures
Any of the following would be a bonus:
* Any SAN configuration knowledge and experience in line with Microsoft best practices for SQL Server
* Knowledge and experience with configuration and maintenance of SQL Server Clustering
* Experience with using any of the following 3rd party DBA tools/Applications with SQL Server: Redgate, Idera, Subversion (SVN)
* Knowledge of and experience with the interconnection and data exchange methods between MS SQL Server and Oracle
* Experience managing SQL Server databases in an Azure Cloud environment
If you're an experienced DBA seeking a new challenge, and want to work in an environment with an awesome culture, then please click apply now to be immediately considered