IT Support Assistant
My client is an export driven manufacturer of agricultural machinery, located in Ballinrobe, Co. Mayo. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, driven team environment.
Responsibilities of the IT Support Assistant Role:
• Assist the IT manager in the delivery of user IT support throughout the company.
• Help ensuring computer hardware and software is updated and maintained properly.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical problems.
• Support users in handling and learning desktop applications.
• Assist in the maintenance and development of networks.
• Create network and user accounts for staff and provide them with login information.
Required Skills and Experience for IT Support Assistant Role:
• Familiar with the operation of Windows Active Directory domains.
• Relevant third level IT qualification.
• Should be well versed in the process of troubleshooting Windows endpoints.
• Good understanding of standard Microsoft client software
• Quick at learning new company-specific software in order to be able to support users.
• Graduates will be considered although candidates with 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
Personal attributes for the IT Support Assistant Role:
• Must be able to work well and communicate effectively with users of a broad range of computer competency levels.
• Must be flexible regarding working hours and understand that many IT projects can only be implemented out of hours during company down-time.
• Must be willing and enthusiastic and should have an enduring personal interest in technology and computing.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 3535 1699 3439)