The Project Scheduler is responsible for the implementation of the scheduling methodology throughout the lifecycle of a project – from feasibility planning and execution scheduling to performance control.
Position duties and responsibilities
· Development of Project Schedules: analysis and synthesis of information from Project Team and external sources into integrated schedules.
· Qualitative analysis of project schedules to ensure Critical Path integrity.
· Analysis of critical path and constraints. Work with teams to refine schedules, identify and suggest options, test "what-if" scenarios.
· Analysis and direction on estimated duration of scheduled tasks using best practice tools and techniques (analogous estimating, parametric estimating, reserve analysis, PERT).
· Schedule Risk Assessment and Monte Carlo Analysis and generation of corresponding reports.
· Validation of optimized, agreed schedules against the overall project objectives.
· Evaluation of project schedule progress and performance, monitoring of project milestones and critical tasks.
· Identification of developing schedule problem areas with proactive troubleshooting of schedule issues.
· Maintenance of schedule change management process.
· Provision of targeted schedule reports for coordination and schedule performance tracking purposes, development and design of custom reports - reporting the right information to the right stakeholder at the right time.
· Resource loading of schedules to support project resource management requirements.
· Facilitation of Interactive Planning sessions.
· Assistance provided to the project manager in managing the project from a time perspective.
· Continuous evaluation and improvement of scheduling methodology and tools.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Third Level Degree, preferably in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
· Proficiency in a scheduling tool (MS Project or Primavera).
· Demonstrate levels of theoretical knowledge with practical application of planning & scheduling with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a project leader role.
· Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards.
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Project Management skills.
· Experience of operating as a project or programme scheduler in a complex environment.
· Good presentation skills.
· Concise and accurate, good with data.
Confident and persuasive in briefings and meetings.