As the Lead Engineer, you will have the chance to contribute at a very high level to the organisation's technical strategy in creating social networking features to delight and unite a vibrant community of members numbering well into the multi-millions.
Collaboration is a key feature of this company's culture and you will be expected to combine your creative mind with some of the top engineers in the industry to deliver solutions that encourage the user base to enjoy their interactions so much they keep coming back again and again.
* Lead architecture and delivery of features to bring organic offline community behaviour onto the digital platforms, and thus create best in class user experiences.
* Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Product, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and Design to build community engagement features to connect users to one another.
* Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of strategic initiatives related to the community.
* Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Contribute technically to projects by removing roadblocks, and determining when to build and when to leverage third-party social platforms/tools.
* Lead prioritisation efforts, plan future roadmaps and provide mentorship to others.
* Help to further the careers of others.
What we would love to see:
* Computer Science, a related degree, or equivalent practical experience.
* Substantial experience designing community networks with a deep knowledge of social graphs and tagging systems.
* Deep experience with different types of data stores, including relational, NoSQL, and graph databases, with the ability to defend why one is a better fit for a given task than the other.
* A strong command of algorithms, data structures, and best practices, e.g. tree structures, recursion, OODP, etc.
* Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimisation with an aim toward performant and clean solutions.
* 10+ years of professional experience in software development, working on robust, complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
* Hands-on technical leadership, experience in a developer relations position, and/or people management experience.
* Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems microservices.
* Ability to understand, diagnose, and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
* A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity