SQL Server DBA
* Job Type: Day Rate Contract (3 month)
* Location: Swords, Dublin North
* Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, TQL, backup, DR, tuning, clustering, mirroring, replication & security.
* Our client is seeking an enterprise level Contract SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) for their International database estate.
* This will cover health checks, maintenance plans, backups, monitoring, building, and clustering/mirroring/replication.
* There may also be involvement in the database aspect of systems projects.
* They have over 100 servers onsite and many more databases, which need operational maintenance and enhancements.
* Take the lead in ensuring SQL Server administration, data base administration, backup, replication, disaster recovery strategies are in place for internal systems.
* Provide day to day IT Infrastructure Database support
* Responsible for the integrity, availability, security and performance of database solutions.
* Plan support requirements with Business Analysts and Project managers to support installs, upgrades, configuration setups etc.
* Prepare end user and technical user documentation for Database environments.
* Experience using Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, TQL a plus
* Excellent problem solving, communication and organisational skills
* Ability to work closely with technical resources, business partners and independently
* Strong customer focus.
* The ability to understand business needs and technical constraints
* Relational database schema design and implementation skills
* Proficient in data analysis, determining business logic and applying to development
* Ability to identify opportunities to optimise the enterprise database architectures
* Implementation and monitoring of validation processes to ensure data integrity
* Proven ability to solve complex technical problems, assimilate information rapidly, and work under time constraints
* Creation and maintenance of documentation for corporate data base processes and design
Desired Skills/ Experiences:
* Relevant third level qualification or professional qualifications.
* Proven experience in:
* Planning and maintaining database configuration.
* Database design, tuning and management.
* Implementing and enforcing database security.
* Logging, troubleshooting and resolving database problems. Managing & configuring MS SQL Server
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly ( 01 526 7737 or chris dot byrne at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.