SQL and ETL Database Developer – Dublin
My Client is seeking a SQL and ETL database developer that will be responsible for the design, development and testing of their key database and data integration components. The role will focus on the development and testing of a data movement layer for a performance analytical engine. You will participate in the full project lifecycle of strategic technology initiatives, working with the project team, such as operational teams, business analysts, developers and other project partners within global fund services.
Key Responsibilities of the SQL and ETL database developer role:
• You will partner with users, business analysts and developers to understand user and system requirements
• You will design, develop and test key database and data integration components
• You will write and maintain business and functional requirements documents
• You will work within an agile framework (SCRUM) to deliver results
• You are expected to assist the QA/UAT teams in generating scenarios for effective and thorough testing
• You are expected to co-ordinate and support deployments to Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Testing and Production environments.
Required Technical Skills of the SQL and ETL database developer role:
• You will have 5+ years of software development experience, primarily with database technologies but exposure to web user interface development will be of benefit
• You will have excellent SQL including writing complex queries and procedures, performance tuning and schema design
• ETL tools/knowledge are a benefit – Markit EDM is preferred
• We need you to have excellent technical writing skills, capable of producing high quality requirement documents
• We expect you to display good social skills and an ability to understand and explain technical requirements in a clear and concise manner
• You will have had previous exposure to SDLC methodologies, agile (SCRUM) preferred
• You have the ability to understand/articulate technology architectures and design and the skillset to distil complex processes into clear workflows
• Some knowledge of agile management tool usage, such as JIRA, Team Foundation Server, is a benefit
• Understanding of data management landscape including data quality, data analysis data integration and metadata management
• Knowledge of source code version control tools – Bitbucket/TFS is preferred.
• Knowledge of agile development methodologies is a benefit.
Required Qualifications and Skills for the SQL and ETL database developer role:
• An understanding of the financial services domain and knowledge of fund services industry, fund accounting & middle office
• You should be able to work in a team environment, provide status updates, identify/escalate risks and present solutions to peers and business groups.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
• Database Certification (preferred)
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)