Senior Software Engineer (DevOps, Cloud, AWS)
Our client is a software services company specialising in solving business problems through software innovation.
They have a fantastic opportunity for Senior Software Engineer who wants to explore the world of innovative software product development within a next generation enterprise platform. They are looking for team players who want to be part of this challenging project working in a high performance Agile Engineering team.
* Get involved in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of the current situation and ways to implement the solution, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines.
* Analyze current architecture and make architectural changes as needed.
* Interact with our Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
* Work with a cross functional agile deployment team to implement our migration plan.
* Providing advanced technical support and advice through a trusted advisory role
* Technical design, migration and integration capabilities
* Cloud Network assessments, infrastructure integration and migration roadmaps
* Developing and assisting in the project delivery and PoC demonstrations.
* Developing and delivering client and internal technical presentations
* A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
* Proven experience in AWS Infrastructure including solution design, implementation and support in large enterprise environments.
* Proven experience working as AWS Architect for mid-large projects.
* Experience with one or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology and IT system management (Monitoring Services) e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, containerization with Kubernetes, Nagios, Prometheus, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, ECS, etc.
* Ability to assess and implement new technologies and processes.
* Experience analysing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the server and storage.
* Experience working directly with customers, resolving database, application systems and infrastructure-related issues and providing systems architecture leadership.
* Expertise in Application and database Migration Strategies - lift 'n' shift and Refactoring
* In-depth experience in AWS Hybrid cloud migrations - Infrastructure, Serverless Application, AWS DMS, AWS Cloud Endure, AWS Server Migration Service
* Experience AWS designing, installing, configuring complex integrations across different cloud services - EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, EKS, RDS, IAM, Route53, CloudFormation, Elasticache, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, SSM, KMS, Lambda, Fargate, Amazon Cognito
* Strong experience with designing infrastructure for RESTful services.
* Proven AWS experience, preferably AWS certified.
* One or more scripting language e.g. Bash, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, Yaml
* Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting ability on all aspects of the Networking Stack
Reference No.: 918447FK
Role: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Co. Roscommon
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent