itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client in the hiring of an Infrastructure Consultant (Windows, VMware & SCCM). This is a daily-rate contract position based with our client in Dublin City Centre.
The successful candidate will become a key member of our client's Infrastructure team and will be responsible for creating, documenting and maintaining the IT infrastructure required to support all of our client's services according to specifications provided. Part of this role will also be to communicate and cooperate with other internal teams to deliver on infrastructure requirements, including Architecture, Network & Security and Applications teams.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in similar roles
* Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) suite of products, including best practices, deployment, and maintenance
* Ability to build and configure a Windows Server (2012 R2 - 2016) VM from scratch
* Experience implementing best practices around creating a VM template and deploying from templates
* Good understanding and experience of ADDS, DNS, DHCP, DFS-N, DFS-R, print server queues and drivers
* Ability to troubleshoot infrastructural issues
* Ability to maintain IIS
* Good understanding of group policy objects, their inheritance, best practices and troubleshooting
* Management of software updates in change-controlled environments
* Controlled deployments of Windows 10
* Ability to create comprehensive support documentation
* Understanding or experience of Certificate Authority services (CSR, CRL, OCSP)
* Certification or experience of VMware vSphere, vSAN, vROPS or NSX
* Working with Windows Server in a HCI environment
* Working with McAfee EPO or a similar enterprise security suite
* Scripting experience (e.g. PowerShell, PowerCLI, python, etc.)
* Knowledge of enterprise backup systems (Commvault, Rubrik, etc.)
* Working with federated identity solutions
* Performing operational acceptance testing
* Expert (MCSE) level certification for Windows Server or higher
* The environment for this role will be fully virtualised (e.g. VMware vSphere) using Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) technologies to support the services
* High availability technologies will be used for all services like load balancers, HA clusters, redundant nodes, etc.
* Security is a critical aspect to this environment using defence in depth across all configurations and with both hardware and virtual appliance firewalls
* Services will be deployed across 2 datacentres in an active-active configuration
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Brian Coss ( +353 1526 7738 or brian dot coss at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.