itContracting are pleased to be partnering with our client, a world-renowned Irish sporting authority, in the hiring of a Helpdesk Support Engineer. This is a daily-rate contract position based with our client in Dublin 4.
The successful candidate will work onsite with our client as a key member of the Helpdesk Support Team to provide general IT support to our client's end users. This will involve troubleshooting and resolving level 1 issues relating to hardware and software, and escalating higher priority issues to the appropriate internal technical teams within our client's IT Department, and working with external 3rd party service providers when required.
* Support our client's end users across standard/ customised business applications and devices (e.g. Microsoft Office 2016, anti-virus/anti-spam software, mobile devices, telephony, printers, spam filtering, and backup software) both face-to-face and remotely via telephone and e-mail
* Troubleshooting connectivity issues (LAN based and remote access)
* Equipment deployment and asset tagging of equipment. Stock management of inventory i.e. printer toners and cartridges
* Windows 2016 Server, Active Directory, Office 365 user management
* Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business support
* Responding to incoming level 1 tickets in a prompt manner
* Working with the end user to resolve the issue to a satisfactory conclusion
* Escalation/ logging of all level 2 bugs and issues to the appropriate internal teams and external IT vendors
* Minimum of 1 years' experience working in a help desk/ IT support environment
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and the Microsoft Office 2016 suite of products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
* Familiar with Active Directory, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business
* Experience resolving level 1 technical issues and escalating higher priority level 2 issues to the appropriate teams
* Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a timely manner
* Strong communication and organisation skills
* IT related qualifications and certifications would be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a well-known global organisation and gain significant exposure to industry best practices.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Joanne Harrington ( +353 83 059 7338 or joanne dot harrington at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.