SOC Analyst (Level 2)
Evros Technology Group are seeking immediate applicants for an SOC Analyst Level 2. This is a permanent position based in our head offices in Cherrywood, South Dublin.
The SOC Analyst sits within Security Operations Centre and will be joining an exciting and growing part of the business, involved in internal and client environments. This role is perfect for someone who has experience as an analyst in a SOC environment.
* Respond to security events escalated by Level 1 analysts and react appropriately to protect Internal and Client information and assets
* Utilize endpoint products to identify malicious activity on the network
* Review daily, weekly and monthly reports for actionable tasks for the SOC and Managed Service NOC teams
* Ensure appropriate security incident management and threat response processes are followed
* Analyse SOC functions and recommend upgrades/changes to ensure the security of the Company
* Continuously assess current state of security monitoring and recommend changes for improvement
* Proactively conduct research of client network traffic and system activity looking for security anomalies and suspicious activities
* Perform Advanced Persistent Threat correlation between multiple security event sources such as firewall logs, threat intelligence feeds, AV, IDS & IPS
* Responsible for tuning and implementing configuration changes related to firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint security, SIEM, and other security tools as necessary
* Demonstrate ability to review log files and identify security events related to potential threats.
* Design and deploy Vulnerability Management and remediate risks
* Review security related events and assess risk to take corrective actions
* Create and maintain process documents related to SOC in line with ISO27001 controls
* In depth technical understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and exploits
* Third level degree in security or IT related field; or equivalent experience
* Experience working in Security Operations Centre
* Strong understanding of network devices such as Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)/ Intrusion Prevent Systems (IPS), firewalls, network packet capture tools, and file integrity monitoring tools
* Good knowledge of network and server security products, technologies, and protocols
* Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability, strong judgment and the ability to consider and develop courses of action in short periods of time.
* Ability to understand customer business domain and recommend security solutions.
* Show capacity to break down problems into constituent parts, and multitask on several technical issues simultaneously
* Experience on SIEM technology.
* Device Knowledge such as Firewall, IPS/IDS, Routers/Switches
* Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, GIAC certs) preferred
* Knowledge in ISMS framework
* Must have customer facing skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Michal Gawronski ( +353 1 4396811 or michal dot gawronski at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.