Overall Purpose of Job
The primary purposes of this role are two-fold:
• Managing the day to day service delivery of user support around IWA applications and systems to IWA employees and other ICT users across the organisation.
• The role requires a hands-on approach in providing technical leadership, guidance and support to the Level 1 and Level 2 teams while holding overall responsibility for the managing the quality and responsiveness of the service desk support delivered by the ICT team.
• Leading and supporting rollouts of progressive upgrade projects of IWA’s ICT environment including hardware and software, client devices, infrastructure components and business application improvements.
This role reports to the Head of ICT but will also need to develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with:
• Other senior roles within the ICT team including the ICT Strategic Systems Manager and ICT Business Applications Lead.
• Internal service desk customers (primarily IWA employees and volunteers) across the business.
• IWA Senior/Local Management teams
• External vendors, contractors and technology partners.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinates and leads by example in ensuring technical excellence, consistency with standards and a customer orientation in the responsiveness of IWA’s ICT service desk to requests for ICT support.
• Adopts a hand-on and proactive approach to incident and ticket management, consistently coaching and supporting the ICT Service Desk teams to ensure these are highly motivated, empowered and effective.
• Proactively monitors service desk queues, delivery metrics and response times to ensure all requests for ICT support are correctly prioritised and dealt with efficiently and within agreed service level agreements.
• Develops and implements processes to manage the delivery of ICT support within the Level 1 and Level 2 Service Desk teams to assist IWA teams in the use of IWA applications and systems and to respond to other user support requirements such as ICT provisioning and procurement.
• Acts as a point of technical escalation for the Level 1 service desk and Level 2 technical support teams, providing clear and effective decision making and technical leadership these teams.
• Effectively manages the escalation of technical issues to Level 3 support teams together with a detailed handover of troubleshooting and diagnostic work completed to date.
• Manages the day to day administration and monitoring of key infrastructure components and business applications/systems, liaising closely all members of the ICT team. to ensure that regular monitoring, auditing and compliance checks take place to maximise the availability and performance of IWA’s infrastructure environment.
• Project manages the implementation of a progressive refresh of infrastructure components across IWA’s ICT estate including firewalls, wireless access points, and telephone systems.
• Plans the rollout and transition to a ‘business as usual’ status of new client facing technologies which impact on IWA ICT users across the organisation.
• Maintain and keep updated relevant ICT documentation, internal databases, systems, training materials and knowledge base resources in relation to ICT support delivery.
• Provision of formal updates to ICT management on project delivery, service delivery metrics and issues.
• As a member of the ICT leadership team, this role will contribute to technical decision making, procurement exercises and the ongoing development of IWA’s ICT policies.
• Compliance monitoring and governance activities to identify and address operational risks within IWA’s ICT systems to ensure compliance with data protection and security best practice.
• Assist with any other responsibilities or tasks as determined by the Head of ICT or their nominee.
Training, Experience and Qualifications
• Holds a formal ICT qualification (QQI Level 7 or above, or holds appropriate equivalent technical certifications)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role within an enterprise level Service Desk Environment.
• Excellent communication skills and supervisory experience.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate would have
• Systems administration experience in planning and supporting the deployment of various Microsoft enterprise technologies such as Office 365, Active Directory, Windows 10, Microsoft Intune.
• Experience in the delivery of ICT support to end users across a dynamic and diverse portfolio of business applications and systems.
• Strong familiarity with server technologies including VMWare virtualisation technology.
• Experienced in implementing and supporting local area networks and enterprise phone systems.
• Knowledge and prior experience in working in a fast-changing enterprise ICT environmentexposure to formal change management processes such as ITIL would be an advantage.
• Excellent written and verbal communications including the ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, vendors and stakeholders.
• Prior experience of Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics 365 would also be advantageous.
• Demonstrates a hands-on, proactive and quality focussed approach with a focus on ‘getting it right first time’ with a constant focus on delivering user-centric and responsive support and technical advice to end users of IWA systems.
• Rapidly assesses emerging technical incidents using a root cause analysis approach to establish underlying causation, choosing and proactively implementing preventative remedial action.
• Has the ability to build strong, effective and assertive relationships at all levels with IWA’s internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistency in the implementation of agreed ICT policies and processes.
• Strong people management skills including strong interpersonal and communication capabilities.
• Shares knowledge effectively and delivers ongoing training to team members to foster an empowered and self-sufficient service desk team.
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure to tight timelines while balancing a suite of delivery deadlines across multiple business units.
• Flexible approach to work is required including some elements of work outside of business hours and travel to remote sites.
• Be of good character.
• Technical leadership and ownership.
• Focus on quality in service delivery and process improvement.
• Communicating & influencing.
• Motivating, developing & empowering
• Adaptability, drive & resilience.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Salary depending on experience
• Vouched expenses and mileage (if required)
• Excellent working conditions
• Training & development opportunities
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to Defined Contribution Pension scheme and group VHI & HSF Health Cash Plans
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bike to Work Scheme
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either
restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.