ICT Technical & Service Delivery Manager
(€45,849 to €56,032 DOE)
The primary purposes of this role are three-fold:
1. Manage, supervise and motivate an ICT team in providing systems, infrastructure and operational support.
2. Managing the day to day service delivery of user support around IWA applications and systems to IWA employees and other ICT users across the organisation. The role requires a hands-on approach in providing technical leadership, guidance and support to the Level 1 and Level 2 teams while holding overall responsibility for the managing the quality and responsiveness of the service desk support delivered by the ICT team.
3. Leading and supporting roll outs of progressive upgrade projects of IWA’s ICT environment including hardware and software, client devices, infrastructure components and business application improvements.
This role reports to the Head of ICT but will also need to develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with:
· Other senior roles within the ICT team including the ICT Strategic Systems Manager and ICT Business Applications Lead.
· Internal service desk customers (primarily IWA employees and volunteers) across the business.
· IWA Senior/Local Management teams
· External vendors, contractors and technology partners.
Training, Experience and Qualifications
· Mandatory: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role within an enterprise-level Service Desk Environment.
· Desirable: Holds a formal ICT academic qualification, holds appropriate equivalent ICT certifications. Consideration will be given to candidates without formal ICT qualifications or certifications but who can demonstrate considerable work experience gained in an enterprise-level Service Desk environment and a strong track record of ICT project delivery
· Excellent communication skills and supervisory experience.
Remuneration & Benefits
• Vouched expenses and mileage (if required)
• Excellent working conditions
• Training & development opportunities
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to Defined Contribution Pension scheme and group VHI & HSF Health Cash Plans
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bike to Work Scheme
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday, 4th October 2019
IWA is an equal opportunity employer
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either
restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.