Our client is now recruiting a Python Developer to work at its Limerick offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a state-of-the-art monitoring and control system that will be deployed in great numbers worldwide.
* Develop, integrate and test [mainly] server-side software that will interact in real time with
their embedded devices. The successful candidate will be expected to be totally capable on the whole Python stack
* Work with a range of stakeholders to ensure that the correct software features are developed and that the correct decisions are made
* Participate in all phases of the Application Development Lifecycle
* Willing to gain an understanding of the energy efficiency business and our customers concerns regarding energy and be capable of meaningfully contributing to discussions regarding customer requirements
* Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible
* Good communication and collaboration skills
* Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills, good oral and written communication skills,
and excellent analytical skills
* Capability to identify the right tools for the job and to be able to defend choices in the light of customer requirements
* Be prepared to occasionally undertake international travel
* Be prepared to occasionally visit customer sites to assist with deployments and to better understand customer requirements
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
* Strong experience with Python and related technologies
* An understanding of algorithms and when to use them is a must - this job is not just about the assembly of a random bunch of frameworks. Ability to program is a must.
* Understanding of how databases actually work and how to carry out at least basic optimization in production environments.
* Understanding of Amazon's Cloud Computing Services. If you have in-depth knowledge of Amazon's products, this is a big plus
* Ability to use source control software like Git
* An understanding of statistical techniques would be a distinct advantage
* Knowledge of scaling methodologies
* Knowledge of command line Linux is a distinct advantage
* Knowledge of at least some of the following IOT protocols/methodologies is desirable: MQTT, mbed, CoAP, XMPP
* Some experience of Django an advantage
* Knowledge of Flask an advantage
Keywords: Python/ Software Developer/ Software Engineer/ Python Developer