Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Galway
This role offers the opportunity to work for a growing organisation making a life-changing product. Your role will be to develop and design new products and product improvements by providing a high level of Software based design skills and knowledge into product development projects.
Experience working within a medical device/regulated environment
Strong software engineering capabilities with an appreciation for other engineering disciplines i.e. electronic etc.
The day to day:
* Application and embedded code development in C/C++ and working knowledge of Python, Java and SQL.
* Work with the product development group with input from the marketing team, to develop existing technology and develop new products to add to our portfolio.
* Advise the product development group on incorporating the software development activities into the master delivery schedule and use project management skills to deliver to that schedule.
* Ensure that development work adheres to the requirements of project design briefs and other documentation.
* Play an active role in projects, teams, meetings etc.
* Manage all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
* Ensure technical files are created and maintained/updated as new products are designed, or existing products are changed.
* Participate in risk assessment activities.
* Regularly communicate status and progress on assignments, raising issues and risks in a timely fashion and effectively contributing to mitigating activities.
* Ensure compliance with all regulatory and safety procedures.
* Work in compliance with the Atlantic Therapeutics Quality Management System and New Product Development Processes.
Where you've come from:
You will have a third level degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science/I.T. or related qualification, ideally with approximately 4 years' experience in the design and development of software solutions within the medical devices or another similarly regulated industry.
Who you are:
* An experienced software engineer with proven record of code development and support.
* Proficiency with the C#, C++, Objective-C, knowledge of Python, Java and SQL.
* Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills.
* Strong analysis and practical problem-solving abilities.
* Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent team player.
* Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement and problem solving.
* Advanced Microsoft Office and reporting tool skills.