Senior Software Engineer - AWS
My Client has an excellent opportunity for Senior Software Engineer who wants to explore innovative software product development within a next generation enterprise platform. They are looking for a team player who wants to be part of a challenging project working in a high-performance Agile Engineering team.
To apply for the Senior Software Engineer Role, please send your CV to John.egan(a)solasit.ie or call John on 012449516 for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer Role:
• Participate in all phases of the Docker adoption including analysis of the current situation and ways to implement the solution, establishing best practice and implementation guidelines.
• Analyse current architecture and make architectural changes as needed.
• Cooperate with Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
• Work with a cross functional agile deployment team to implement a migration plan.
Required Experience and Skills for the Senior Software Engineer Role:
• A 3rd level degree in Computer Science / IT
• Excellent communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
• Excellent knowledge and troubleshooting ability on all aspects of the Networking Stack
• In-depth knowledge and experience in designing and implementing Cloud based infrastructure in AWS
• Proven experience in the automated deployment of infrastructure and services using CloudFormation in AWS
• A good understanding of the principles/methodologies and tools used in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Security, Monitoring, Rolling Deployments, Failover, Auto-Scaling, and Backups
• In-depth knowledge of designing and deploying highly available solutions in AWS using VPC's and Route53
• Excellent working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Excellent experience in working with AWS, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, GIT
• Applying software development practices to infrastructure deployment
• Automating operational tasks using PowerShell
• Setting up and maintaining AWS CloudWatch
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)